RED Alert GREECE - Assassin racist attacks and escalation of racist violence against migrants and refugees by Golden Dawn extremists
Racist violence has escalated in intensity and number in Greece through numerous attacks against migrants and refugees by far-right extremists.
This comes after the last June election in the Greek Parliament of the Neonazi far-right party 'Golden Dawn' (7% and 21 seats) and few days after the implementation of mass arrests of migrants in Athens by the Greek Police.
Widespread xenophobic and racist discourse in the public sphere goes hand-in-hand with the - equally unpunished - hate crimes by young men in black attacking immigrants and refugees.
Most recent related RED Early Warning System Alerts:
- Iraqi immigrant dies after attack out of a muslim worship place in the Athens centre August 12, 2012
- Extremist attacks on muslim worship places in Piraeus during the Ramadan August 11, 2012
- Extremist attacks & interethnic clashes following the mass expulsion operation "Xenios Zeus" August 11, 2012
- Mass expulsion operation "Xenios Zeus" raises international criticism for violation of human rights August 5, 2012
- Pogroms in immigrants' shops by supporters of the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party June 23, 2012 Pakistani immigrant stabbed by extremists in Athens Metro June 17, 2012
More info at www.red-network.eu
RED Network combating Racism & Xenophobia